Great Futures, Small Beginnings
Every great future has a small beginning. That’s why we consider ourselves blessed to be even a small part of your child’s life—from birth to college graduation.
Combining state-of-the-art medicine with old-fashioned bedside manner and personal attention, we are committed to providing your family with skilled and compassionate care. It is our joy to work with new parents, sharing both the excitement and stresses of the parenting journey.
Our staff are lifelong learners who provide the most up-to-date pediatric and adolescent medicine available—but we also enjoy having a good time. From our monthly staff dress-up days to staff picnics, we aim to create a fun, memorable experience for each patient who walks through our door.
|Our pediatricians adhere to the highest standards; they are certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and are recognized by the National Breastfeeding Center. Still, our staff are committed to being lifelong-learners, providing your family with the most up-to-date pediatric and adolescent medicine available.|
|Parkside provides a Patient Centered Medical Home for your family, which means you will be surrounded by a dedicated team of health professionals, working together with you, to optimize your health goals using the best evidence-based medicine and resources available for you today. We help empower you to take responsibility for your health and give you the self-management support that you need to succeed. For more information on what a Patient Centered Medical Home is all about, please click here.|
|At Parkside, we believe in the spirit of caring for others. That is why our approach is a form of ministry – to serve and bless families and children of all ages. We do this not only by providing the best possible care and support for our patients, but also by giving back to the community around us.|
We look forward to the friendships we will build with your family, and are honored to contribute to your child’s health and well-being.
We are a
Patient Centered Medical Home
What it means for you as a patient; what we as your care team will do for you; and what we expect you to do for your own health.
Patient Centered Medical Home means that you will be surrounded by a dedicated team of health professionals, working together with you, to optimize your health goals using the best evidence-based medicine and resources available for you today. Helping empowering you to take responsibility for your health and giving you the self- management support that you need to succeed.
Please note we have a patient portal for your private access to your visit notes, medications, allergies, lab/test results and educational resources. Please sign up at www.parksidepediatrics.com or ask the front desk for access.
As your Primary Care Provider/Team, we will:
- Learn about you, your family, life situation, and health goals and preferences. I will remember these and your health history every time you seek care and suggest treatments that make sense for you.
- Take care of any short-term illness, long-term chronic disease, and your all-around well-being.
- Keep you up-to-date on all your vaccines and preventative screening tests.
- Connect you with other members of your care team (specialists, health coaches, etc…) and coordinates your care with them as your health needs change.
- Be available to you after hours for your urgent needs.
- Notify you of test results in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly with you so you understand all your options.
- Listen to your questions and feelings. We will respond promptly to you – and your calls – in a way you understand.
- Help you make the best decisions for you care.
- Give you information about classes, support groups, or other services that can help you learn more about your condition and stay healthy.
We trust you, as our patient, to:
- Know that you are a full partner with us in your care.
- Come to each visit with any updates on medications, dietary supplements, or remedies you are using, and with any questions you may have.
- Keep scheduled appointments or call to reschedule or cancel as early as possible.
- Understand your health condition and what you can do to stay as healthy as possible.
- Work with us to develop and follow a plan that is best for your health, if you have obstacles to this plan please discuss these fully with us.
- Take medication as prescribed.
- Contact us after hours only if your issue cannot wait until the next work day.
- If possible contact us before going to the emergency room so someone who knows your medical history can care for you.
- Agree that all health care providers in my care team will receive all information related to your healthcare.
- Learn about your health insurance coverage either from your insurer, or if you have additional questions about your benefits contact our billing specialists at 864-272-0388.
- Give us feedback to help us improve our care for you.